Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cold feet ...

Not because the cast will cover nearly every part of her lower body just short of her feet, but because she went into a giggling fit last night around 11 PM while my bro and I were watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I don’t know what set her off, but she just started giggling and squealing so loud that grandma woke up and ran downstairs to see what was going on. Jennah was, and is today, so happy and in such a great mood. No pain, no constipation, just fun and laughter.


I wanted to pick up the phone and call the 24/7 surgery line and cancel this whole blasted thing. I’ve spent most of today preparing for tomorrow and the upcoming week’s madness. Make sure A & B have clothes to last the school week. Clean up the bedrooms so they have some place clean to sleep, get dressed, and brush their teeth. I don’t know how much of them I’ll see this week. I don’t know if they understand what is going to happen to their little sister. Maybe that’s a blessing, actually.

We are all spending a lot of time snuggling and cuddling with sweet little Jennah today. It’s going to be hard to do the same when she’s in a body cast.

Her last feed will be at midnight. Her last clear liquids at 4 AM. After I make sure A & B's breakfast and lunches are prepped, we’ll leave at 6:30 to get to the hospital in time for our 7:15 checkin. Then we pray and pray until we see her again, 6 hours later, inshallah.

I’d be happy if tomorrow never came …

No comments:

Post a Comment